In 1936, the Penn Company released the Senator reel, which would become the company's most popular reel. In fact, the reel soon turned into the device most often used when winding in world record breaking catches.
Collectors interested in adding a Senator reel to their tackle boxes should look for an aluminum spool with a graphite rod clamp. The reel is painted scarlet red and features nickel plated enhancements.
Penn Special Senator
Combining the toughness of the legendary Penn Senator reel with higher gear ratios, the Penn Special Senator gives serious saltwater anglers the best of both worlds: power and speed. Penn Special Senators are ready for your next challenge, whether trolling, casting large baits, or bottom fishing.
- HT100 drag washers provide smooth drag under heavy loads
- Precision-machined, stainless steel pinion gear.
- High-strength, manganese-bronze main gear.
- Stainless steel reinforced side plates.
- Multi-disc star drag system for smooth and consistent drag.
- Anodized aluminum spool.
- Two shielded, stainless steel ball bearings.
- Convertible power handle.
- Heavy-duty clicker.
- Graphite rod clamp.
Special Senator reels give serious saltwater anglers the best of both worlds - legendary Senator toughness and advanced engineering. With a variety of models, you'll be ready to take on anything from offshore marlin, tuna and halibut, to wreck hugging amberjack, pargo and grouper.